(Effective May 25, 2018)
WHAT INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE
When you complete a Request for Information or Request a Consultation form, sign up for our newsletter, or consult our Sales and Customer Service teams on either website; or, when you request a directory listing, place an advert, or purchase a subscription on ComponentsSource; or, when you send us an e-mail to either site, or communicate with us in any way, you are voluntarily providing Embassy Global with such information.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
Embassy Global uses the information that you voluntarily supply us to:
- Help us to better understand your needs and provide you with better products and services
- Fulfill your requests for products, programs, and services offered by us, or to respond to your inquiries about our products, programs and services
- Offer you other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as when we make changes to our ComponentsSource subscriber agreements; fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter sponsorship, subscription, paid directory advert or listing on ComponentsSource; or to contact you about your accounts with us. If you choose to submit any content to us for publication in ComponentsSource directory listings or newsletters, we may publish your name, company and any other information that you have provided to us, for purposes of such publication.
We also sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information we collect to improve the design and content of our websites and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze site usage, as well as for:
- Internal record keeping.
- Preparation of quotations, insertion orders, invoices and service agreements.
- Order processing.
- To perform a contract.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize our websites according to your interests.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
- Cookies are a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember information (such as items added in the shopping cart in an online store) or to record the user's browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past). They can also be used to remember arbitrary pieces of information that the user previously entered into form fields such as names, addresses, passwords, and credit card numbers.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website(s) to tailor them to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you voluntarily choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. If your web browser is enabled to have a “Do Not Track” signal or similar mechanism, our system cannot track your traffic on our website.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES NOT OWNED BY EMBASSY GLOBAL
- ComponentsSource, as a website covered by this Privacy Notice, sometimes may offer content (e.g., contests, sweepstakes, or promotions) that is sponsored by or cobranded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily submit, in order to participate in the site activity (e.g., entering a contest). Embassy Global has no control over the third parties' use of such information. Any Embassy Global owned website will notify you at the time of requesting personally identifiable information, however, if these third parties will obtain such information, in order to ensure your consent.
WHERE WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
- All personal data that we collect from any Embassy Global owned website, including the Embassy Global corporate website and ComponentsSource, is stored and processed in the United States. In the event that any personal data is transferred from the United States to another country, we will only do so because there is a legal reason, such as in order to perform a contract, or to achieve a legitimate business interest of ours.
HOW WE SHARE DATA
- When you view the Embassy Global owned ComponentsSource directories, or request more information on a product or service, or a product catalog or other item offered by another company, your personal information may be disclosed to only that particular company offering that content.
- We also may share personal data, in the event of a merger or asset sale/purchase transaction, and as required by law.
- Embassy Global will not use or transfer PII that is provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above, without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of unrelated uses.
INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
We may share your personally identifiable information with other service providers of Embassy Global, including:
- Payment processors for secure credit card payment transactions.
- Hosting services.
- E-mail service providers to send you e-mails pertaining to quality questionnaires, feedback or our marketing material.
- Legal authorities, when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so, or when necessary to do so to protect the rights and safety of Embassy Global and its associated companies, employees, suppliers, and users from the fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of our services.
- Information that is aggregated or anonymized, that does not directly identify you.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- Our websites are scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our sites as safe as possible. We use regular malware scanning, and we implement a variety of security measures when a user provides PII, to maintain the safety of such PII. Each site has also been secured with by a certified Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) which creates a secure link between a website and a visitor’s browser by ensuring that all data passing between the two remains private and secure.
- All agents, representatives and contractors of Embassy Global who have access to PII are required to protect this information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Embassy Global.
- Your PII is contained within secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of authorized persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the PII confidential. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects your PII, then Embassy Global will notify you as soon as possible as well as any applicable national or international governmental authorities within the timeframe they may require, and later report the action we took in response both to you in any such governmental authorities.
- Embassy Global will not sell, distribute or lease your PII to third parties unless we have your express permission, consent or are required to do so by law.
YOUR ACCESS TO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- If your PII changes, or you wish for your information to be removed from our records, you may update or delete it by sending an email to:
Embassy Global: [email protected]
ComponentsSource: [email protected]
- Upon request to the Embassy Global data controller at [email protected], or the ComponentsSource data controller at [email protected], we will provide you with the PII that we hold, and/or an overview of the categories of data being processed, along with a copy of the actual data, within 30 days of such a request. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting data access or making data corrections.
- If you wish to stop receiving e-mail communications from Embassy Global or ComponentsSource, please simply respond to any e-mail message from us with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line, and you will be removed from all communications. We will retain your information for as long as is required to deliver your products and services; fulfill our agreements; or to resolve any issues. Please note, we cannot always delete records of all historical data. For example, we are required to retain certain records for financial reporting, compliance and traceability reasons.
- Both the Embassy Global and ComponentsSource websites are directed towards adults and do not knowingly collect PII about visitors under 18 years of age. If you are a person under 18 years of age, or a parent or guardian of such a person, and wish to have the PII associated with such a person under 18 years of age removed, a request should be made to our data controller at [email protected]
- Embassy Global reserves the right to modify its data privacy policies and practices at any time without notice. This statement is not intended to create any contractual or other legal rights.
WHO ARE WE
- We are Embassy Global LLC, with business mailing address of 5999 South Park Avenue, Suite 144, Hamburg, NY 14075 USA. ComponentsSource is a publication of Embassy Global, LLC, and can be contacted at the same business mailing address.
HOW TO CONTACT US
- You can contact us by emailing us at [email protected], or by calling +1-800-309-6150, or +44 (0) 2030 148924. We welcome and value your correspondence, questions, comments, and feedback regarding this Privacy Notice and its implementation at any time.